With new babies arriving it got me looking closely at my beautiful baby boy... seeing teeny tiny newborn pictures made me realize just how much Davie has grown in the past 7 1/2 months! He has gone from 7 lb 12 oz to 19 lbs 14 oz in just 7 short months!!! He now squeezes into size 9 month clothes and is probably going to need size 12 month clothes soon. He can sit up alone, roll all over the place and is trying very hard to crawl soon. He has 2 teeth coming in, smiles all the time, and laughs big belly chuckles. He is more independent and can play on his own for short periods of time. He has outgrown a plethora of baby items: his swing, bouncy chair, bassinet, co-sleeper, nap-nanny, tummy time mat, and probably more I can't think of.
It is amazing how quickly time flies. And it's NEVER when you want it to fly!!! When Davie was a newborn, and I was running on minimal sleep and he needed constant attention and to be held ALL the time, those days seemed to drag on and on and on!! But now that I don't mind the time we spend together and he is actually cute and fun, NOW the time is flying! In 4 months and 16 days my baby boy will be 1 year old. I do not want my baby to grow up! I want him to be like he is now for a little while longer!
It's funny, when I was pregnant-- I HATED it... I hated the 1st trimester nausea, and the last trimester swelling, discomfort, aches, fatness...and a few weeks after I had Davie (not immediately afterward) I missed the pregnancy (something I swore up-and-down I would never say). I missed the tiny baby kicks in my belly, knowing he was safe and sound, watching my stomach grow and change, and all the cute ultrasounds and doctor appointments. And of course at the time I HATED Davie being such a needy little newborn: the frequent diaper changes, all the crying, the sleepless nights (and days), the fragility of a tiny baby, and the constant breastfeeding. Well, I can still say that I hated that phase... but I miss how teeny tiny and sweet he was. If he could be small and sweet and not have all those other "side effects" of newborn age... I would have a baby every year! But those first 3-6 months are truly miserable.
However, I can see why people tend to want to get pregnant again after having a baby who is... oh... I dunno... 7 months old? lol. Because at this phase they are SO sweet and manageable and you LOVE watching them learn and grow and you want to keep that experience alive... and what better way to keep that experience but to start over again and have another baby? It must only be a motherly thing though, because Jumpy would not agree with that statement! lol. But many other mothers I talk to (especially those in my June Birthday Club) feel the same way, so I think it is a woman thing.
On the flip side though, I love Davie SOOOO much. The thought of having another baby makes me feel so sad for him! Right now he is my world! He has 100% of my attention and I feel like I would be punishing him if I were to bring home a new baby and force him to give up his "mommy-Davie-only" world! Plus, he still has SO many things to learn! And although I don't want the time to FLY by, I want to savor each moment with him and watch him learn to crawl, walk, each table food, TALK... And it is within my devotion to Davie that I keep my baby-craving-brain rational and realize that another baby is not within our 2011 future.
However... 2012 is a different story...
![]() |
| Davie's First Day Out Of The Womb |
![]() |
| Davie Now Days (Approx. 7 Months) |


No comments:
Post a Comment