Saturday, January 15, 2011

Diaper Dance

I have a question... at WHAT age does changing diapers get easy?!?! Or does such a thing even exist? I swear no matter what age he has been so far, Davie has always been a challenge when it comes to changing diapers.

Newborn: When he was first born, he hated the cold air, so he would scream his lungs out any time we tried to change his diaper. Kicking and screaming and thrashing about! Not to mention that during his early months anytime his wee-wee would touch the air he would start peeing. We tried all those products: Wee Block, Pee-Pee Tee-Pee, wash cloths, etc... the easiest and most effective in my experience was just laying a baby wipe on it. If he did accidentally pee on it I just tossed it in the trash instead of having to clean a small pee-pee blocking product. And don't even get me started on that first poop: Meconium. Bleck.

The next few months: I think those traumatizing first few weeks of diaper changes left an impression b/c for a few months, the second I would even lay him on the changing table he would start screaming before we even started changing his diaper! And he pooped like 6 times a day back then so frequent diaper changes were a must!

Most recently: Now days diaper changing is still just as annoying as earlier on. When I lay him on the changing table, immediately he lifts his legs in the air and wants to grab his feet... HOW am I supposed to change his diaper if he is holding his feet? I constantly have to tell him "No", and pull his legs down so I can finish the job. However, he does not comprehend the word "No" yet b/c he just smiles when I say it and goes right on with the foot chewing. lol. Crazy baby.

Oh the things that occupy my days since having a baby. Worried about breast feeding, diaper changing, what games to play, etc... But I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment