So for the past few days (even while he's been super fussy) Davie has been practicing his "ummm" and "muuuuh" noises. Well today he put all that practice to good use!!! While he was sitting in his ExerSaucer I was getting dressed and when I walked into his line of sight, he looked at me, smiled, and said, "mama". OK, it sounded more like "muh-muh", but I know what he meant. lol. It's possible that he has NO idea what "mama" even means, but he looked right at me when he said it, so it was really adorable and special. I called Jumpy asap and told him the good news! He knew it was coming soon b/c he has been really close and babbling his "m"s lately. Whew!!! Now that "mama" was officially his first word we can start working on "dada". It's funny, Jumpy and I have both been teaching him "mama"... I think Jumpy knows how much it means to me to hear "mama" first so neither one of us has really been trying to say "dada" around him. lol. But now I will start working on it. My sweet little mama's boy!!!!
On a side note, I brought Davie in to the pediatrician today b/c he had been constipated for about a week... and wouldn't you know he had a nice sized poop on the way there. So I felt like it was a total wasted visit!!! Oh well. I actually started laughing when I realized he had pooped. The doctor thought I was crazy I'm sure. Oh well!!! Can't blame a mom for caring!!! Silly baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment