So there is no fun happening in our household today. Neither of my babies are feeling well today.
Cupcake on Tuesday night started having frequent diarrhea and was going out every TWO hours... yes... ALL night long... So despite Davie having slept 8ish hours both nights, Cupcake was up every 2 to go outside and she sleeps with us so this consists of waking up, opening the door to let her out, waiting on her, letting her back in, wiping her bottom since it's runny and we don't want her bringing that back in bed with her, and then helping her back into bed (well, Jumpy did all of that, but I was awake the whole time! lol). So we brought her to the vet yesterday and she is on a pill to help with diarrhea and we have to give her homemade boiled chicken and rice for food the next two days. She ate her chicken, but not much rice. Jumpy basically has to SHOVE the pill down her throat b/c she is stubborn and won't take it any other way. So she is not very happy about that. Her weight went down from around 12 lbs to 10 lbs now again. So she is sick again and sleeping a lot. I'm hoping that we can fatten her back up once her stomach settles down some.
And as for my human baby... Davie had a miserable doctor's appointment yesterday. To make a long story short, he had a little bit of skin growing over the area on his P where they performed his circumcision. We noticed it months ago at his 4 month appt, but our normal pedi told us to gently stretch it during bath time and that it would go away. 6 month appt... Same pedi, same story. We kept noticing that it was not getting any better, so I brought him in to the office yesterday and saw the OTHER pedi at the office (who I officially like WAY better btw!) and she said it needed to be pulled back all at once which she did. Needless to say Davie screamed bloody murder and it BROKE MY HEART!!!!! Now I have to pull the skin back at each diaper change, and put triple antibiotic cream on and cover with petroleum jelly gauze (just like when the circumcision was freshly done). I was hoping that now that the skin has been pulled back that it won't hurt him anymore, BUT that is not that case. Every time I change his diaper and go through the routine he screams! It makes me want to cry every time. And on top of the painful diaper changes he appears to be uncomfortable sitting in his ExerSaucer and Jumperoo (two of his favorite entertainment centers).
To add to poor baby Davie's miserable existence right now, the pedi mentioned that he is about to pop through his top 2 teeth!!! WTF?! He JUST got his bottom two teeth in the past 2 weeks... I was hoping we had a while before more teeth came in, but she said she guesses they'll pierce through the gums within the next week! And I'm not sure if it is b/c these teeth are bigger than bottom teeth or maybe b/c 2 are coming in at one time, but he seems to have more teething pain with these than he did with the bottom two. He is CONSTANTLY chewing on things and rubbing his gums and if he bites too hard he will cry. I give him frozen teething toys, and he likes them for a while but then I guess he either bites too hard or something, but he starts crying again. Oh yeah, and he finally tested out BITING me while breastfeeding!!! On my sore side, too. I was sure to tell him NO and I hope he doesn't try that again.
So as you can see, there are NO happy campers in this house today. I am glad it is the weekend so Jumpy can be home and help me out for 2 days. Maybe by Monday his P won't hurt him as bad. Or maybe his teeth will have broken through and won't hurt as bad. Or maybe Cupcake will be feeling better. ONE of those things better happen by Monday or I may go crazy with frustration and heartache for my poor babies...
No comments:
Post a Comment