Wow, I think this is the first Friday in a while where I look back and think the week has flown by!!! And I have been so boring lately!!! Mostly staying home and not going out much b/c I'm trying to keep Davie on his Ferber schedule. I am not usually a strict "schedule" follower, but the book says to be pretty consistent for the first few weeks while the routine is "setting in stone" so to speak. Which is why I am surprised the week flew by... usually it drags on when I don't get out much, but I guess this week was weird.
As you can see from the Ferber Progress notes Davie is doing SO well!!! The most difficulty we are having now is the middle of the night. For the most part he goes to sleep super easy! I nurse him until he is super drowsy but not asleep, then I lay him down awake and he puts himself to sleep. And for a few days now I have not had any crying when I lay him down. So that alone is a MIRACULOUS achievement and I am so proud of Davie! However, he is still waking up 1-3 times a night. 99% of the time it is just for a 1-5 minute spell of weak moaning cries, but last night he cried hard core for over an hour! In fact, I THINK it was his longest stretch of crying since the first night! Poor baby! I have no clue why it happened, but I hope it was a fluke and he doesn't cry that long again (at least for a while!). I mean, I know we are going to have bad days still here-and-there, but it is very hard to listen to him cry that long.
Don't get me wrong though, after the first few days of Ferberization, Davie has cried much LESS than he did before the program. So those that are unfamiliar with the process should read the book b/c it isn't strictly a "cry-it-out" type of program. It actually minimizes crying once baby gets the hang of it!
STILL waiting on "Dora" to come in. The Ford dealership in Daytona said she would be here on Monday and here it is... Friday... and she still has not arrived. Oh, and yes, we named her Dora... Dora the Explorer. lol. It was Jumpy's idea. He made fun of me for calling my Lexus "Lexxy" and said, what are you gonna name this car... Dora? lol. I thought it was perfect so I said, "YES... Yes I am going to name it Dora." haha. It's great. But yeah, wishing I had it here so I could start getting used to driving a big SUV. The Ford Edge we are using now (loner car) is bigger than Lexxy but not as big as Dora will be. And I suck at driving it! I feel like I am a giant!!! But it is nice to not have to bend over so far to strap Davie into his car seat. And the leg room up front is a MILLION times bigger now! So I guess we shall just have to wait and wonder when my Explorer will arrive. boo.
Side note: Jersey Shore finale last night was so annoying! I'm SO sick of the Sam & Ronnie Saga!!! I wish either one of them would leave the show or they would STAY separated!!! Ok, that's all I'll say about that.
Cupcake got groomed yesterday! She looks SO cute with her freshly trimmed hair!!! I love it!
Hmm, like I said, it was a pretty uneventful week. That's about all the new news I can think of!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment