Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love

So this post may seem trite but I am going to go through with it anyways...

I Love My Snotty-Nosed Baby Davie
I just want to take a second to discuss the word "love". I was thinking about this earlier today and I cannot believe that such a short, simple word is used to describe how I feel about my son. Love. L. O. V. E. Love. So concise! Even kind of plain and boring. And if you look it up in the dictionary (or at least on dictionary.com) you'll see this: a strong positive emotion of regard and affection. Again. Really??? Really?!?!?!?

I think there needs to be a new word invented that is more powerful than the short and boring word "love". Something long and complex. Something that imparts beauty and undying devotion. Something that makes you truly FEEL the powerful bond between mother and child; husband and wife; pet and owner (yes, I love Cupcake that much, too!). Just for me to say I love my family doesn't give justice to what I really mean. 

In the words of the great Bruno Mars... "I'd catch a grenade for ya. Throw my hand on a blade for ya. I'd jump in front of a train for ya. You know I'd do anything for ya. I would go through all this pain. Take a bullet straight through my brain. Yes, I would die for you baby." See, just one tiny word "love" does not give justice, it takes a brilliant pop song. lol.

Anyway, enough with the cheesy blog post, but seriously, I love Jumpy, Davie, Cupcake, and all my family & friends more than any word or phrase can describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment