Friday, March 18, 2011

Ferber Progress

So far Ferbization is going well!!! Here is a summary so far:

Night #1: Laid him down around 10:40pm, he cried for 50 minutes, then slept for over 6 hours. Then cried another 46 minutes followed by sleeping another hour & 45 min.
Day #1: Nap #1: Down at 11am but cried for 35 minutes so naptime was ended. Nap #2: Fell asleep instantly but woke up after only 30 minutes, cried for 30 minutes so naptime was ended.

Night #2: Laid him down at 10:25pm, he cried for only ONE minute!!! Then he slept for over 5 and 1/2 hours straight. He cried his longest stretch after that (1 hr 5 m) but slept 3 more hours once he finished.
Day #2: Nap #1: I laid him down at 10:35am & he was WIDE awake! I didn't think he would nap at ALL, but lo-and-behold, 16 minutes of crying and he's been napping ever since! (Totalled 1h35m) Nap #2: Laid him down and he cried for 2 minutes and then slept for 1h20m!

Night #3: Down at 10:28pm and cried for merely 2 minute, then woke up crying at 3:15am (after 4 hr 48m asleep) and cried for 15 minutes before falling back asleep. He woke up earlier than usual the next morning (7am instead of the usual 8am), but all-in-all slept 8 1/2 hours!
Day #3: Nap #1: Not a great nap... down for the nap at 10:15am and after 27 minutes of crying he only slept for 1h15m! Nap #2: Put him down at 4pm where he only cried for like 30 seconds and he slept for 2 hours! Had to wake him up so he would not over-sleep and ruin his chances of sleeping well tonight!

Night #4: Davie was laid down at 10:20pm, cried for 15 minutes and then fell asleep. He woke up and cried for 42 minutes at 5:55am before falling back to sleep around 6:30am. Then he woke up for the day (early!) at 7:39am.
Day #4: Nap #1: Excellent nap! Davie went down at 10:31am, cried for a mere 4 minutes, and slept 1hr 33m before waking up! Nap #2: Davie cried for only 1 minute at 3:39pm before sleeping 1h48m until 5:27pm!

Night #5: We laid him down at 10:30pm, he made the weakest attempt at a cry for less than a minute and then fell asleep. Then around 5am he woke up and gave another few weak moans for less than a minute and went back to sleep. However, he woke up at 6:50am and was up for the day! Boo for getting up super early!
Day #5: Nap #1: Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Davie went down at 10:15am (no crying) and I had to wake up an hour and a half later to get up! Nap #2: Down at 3:45pm (No crying) and that is where he is at this current moment in time!!!

Night #6 (Mon): Laid down at 10:30pm, cried one time at 3am for 3 minutes and stayed asleep until 6:45am (early... boo).
Day #6 (Tues): Nap #1: Down at 10:15pm no crying & up at 12:45pm (loooong 2h28m nap!). Nap #2: Down at 4pm (kinda late) and up at 5:45 (1h41m) No crying!

Night #7: Down at 10:30pm. Cried at 1am for less than 1 minute. Cried at 5am for 5 minutes. Cried at 6:40am for 15 minutes. Then up for the day at 7:30am. All-in-all in crib 9h. Not bad except for all the short crying spurts (of course that was MY night with the "graveyard shift").
Day #7: Nap #1: Down at 10:10am and slept until 12pm with NO crying. Nap #2: Down at 3:30pm. Up at 4:30pm (short 1 hour nap).

Night #8: Down at 10:25pm (no crying). Up at 7:15am. I think there was maybe 1 minute of nighttime crying, but Jumpy had the graveyard shift so he didn't remember exactly. Of course it was a perfect night when HE has the graveyard shift.
Day #8: Nap #1: Down at 10am (earlier than usual but was super tired/fussy). Up at 11:42am. Nap #2: Down at 3:15pm & up at 5pm. No crying.

Night #8 (Thurs): Down at 10:20pm. Cried for a mere 2 minute at 3:15am, but only slept 15 minute before waking up at 3:30 and crying for a LOOOOONG 1 hour 15 minutes. Finally fell back asleep at 4:45am. Not sure why the setback last night. I felt horrible and of course, MY shift. Not sure if maybe he is getting ready to cut another tooth or if he was chilly (we forgot to turn on his tiny space heater that we usually use and his legs were a bit chilly when I picked him up this morning). This was the first time in a while that he cried for more than 5 minutes. I was so bummed, but I hope it was just a mere bump in the road and nothing serious. Up for the day at 7:59am.
Day #8 (Fri): Nap #1: 10:25am (no crying) - 10:10pm. Nap #2: I don't want to jinx it b/c he looked pretty awake when I laid him down, but I THINK he went to sleep at 3:30pm. How long he sleeps is still in the air. I will update again when I have another chance!!

I will keep updating this post as I find time!! But so far I feel like we are doing the right thing b/c we are starting to see positive progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment