So as many of you have seen on my FB, Davie has been all gally-whompas with his schedule this week!!! It started on Monday when I was feeling like garbage due to this cold. He skipped a nap and has been OFF ever since!!!
I've been trying to be less "anal" about his naptime schedule, but now I'm realizing why I was anal to begin with!!! He hasn't gone to sleep before 12:45am in the past few nights! And of course, my sweet husband, being the self-sacrificing type that he is, has taken alllll the late night duties b/c he knows I am trying to get over this cold and need some rest (despite my protest).
So today I tried something new. He didn't go to sleep until 12:45am and woke up to nurse at 6am, but then I just woke him up at 8:30am so we could TRY to get back into the routine he had. So far it is 11:20am and he went down at 11am for a nap... something that used to be part of his routine. So that is a good sign! I hope he goes down for his second nap later this afternoon...
I think it is his teething that is bothering him. His top right tooth FINALLY is poking through the gums. Now I'm just waiting on the top left which looks like it is gonna pop any day now. Maybe once both have cut through they won't hurt as badly. Today he was teething on a sock filled with crushed ice and I noticed a tiny spot of blood on the sock. Not sure if his teeth are bleeding or if he bit his tongue or cheek or something.
Anyway, wish us luck that today goes as planned!!! And that it will actually improve his nighttime routine!!!
On a side note, Davie is exactly 8 months old today!!!!!!!! 1 more month and he will have been OUT of the womb longer than he was IN the womb!!! That is an EXTREMELY crazy thought!!! It felt like I was pregnant FOR-EV-ER... but it does not feel like that long since Davie was born... the time is flying by... =(
No comments:
Post a Comment