Wednesday, June 29, 2011

3 More Times!!!

I only get to nurse my beautiful baby boy a total of 3 more times... At bedtime tonight, tomorrow night, and Friday night, and then we will wean the last feed and that will be that. 13 months of my life have been dedicated to nursing my son and I cannot believe it is almost over. Of course I am happy and sad (as I've mentioned numerous times), but all I can feel lately is sad. Emotional more like it.

In other news I am taking Davie to the beach today for the first time since last summer! I am nervous about his tolerance of a beach day, but I guess I need to stop being such an OCD schedule follower and start living a little and get out of the house! Go places! Do things! So we are going to try a beach day! My mom is now off from work until like August, so I am SO happy to be going to have company more often than usual! It gets a little lonely with just Davie and I, so I am happy to know someone else will be coming over a few times a week (I hope!) lol.

And Harry Potter World vacation is getting closer and closer!!! We are either going July 9th or July 16th. Depending on Davie's tolerance of bedtime without breastfeeding, our babysitting availability, hotel availability, and whether my sisters are coming and which dates work for them. I am nervous that if we go July 16th it might be crazy b/c that is opening weekend for the LAST Harry Potter movie!!! WHICH I also cannot wait for!!! I am SOOO ready to have some closure and see the last film!!! But I am also nervous that July 8th might be too soon and he won't be ready to spend a night without me. So we shall see! Either way it is sooo soon!!!

Exercising is going well!! I am SO annoyed though b/c I have been working out for 6 weeks now and I have lost ZERO pounds!! It sucks the worst b/c I FEEL like I'm getting slimmer and I FEEL like I look better, but the scale is not agreeing! Clothes are fitting better, though! Once I am 100% weaned I will start dieting better though and hopefully a better diet plus all the exercise we're already doing will help me lose weight faster! I think we are only like 3 weeks away from completing the C25K program! Then technically I will be in good enough shape to go for 30 or 45 minute jogs and not fall over dead! I was very surprised with myself that I was able to jog for 20 minutes straight last Friday! And this Friday we are supposed to jog for like 23? 25? minutes straight! I always think, "I can't do that!!!" but then time comes and I surprise myself and complete it! I am very proud at all my hard work! I just wish the scale would start showing the rewards!!! Maybe I am gaining leg muscle? lol. I do notice my thighs and calves are more toned! It's nice! Now if only my post-baby belly pooch would go away I would be happy! lol.

I've been debating whether or not to post this on my blog since it might be considered TMI, but I am just amazed with how well I know my body (and this is my blog so I'll post what I want!). I will spare the details, but I started thinking that maybe this month will be the month that AF returns, and I even thought I might be ovulating last week. I thought maybe I was imagining things (since I haven't ovulated in almost 2 years-- When Davie was conceived). So how could I know THE DAY that I ovulated for the first time in years? Well I took an ovulation test (I have like, 100s left over from when we were TTC Davie b/c it worked on the first try and so I didn't need all the ones I had bought!) and it was negative. The next day I was curious again, so I took another one... and POSITIVE! Seriously, what are the ODDS that I would KNOW the first ovulation in years? Anyway. I think it's pretty cool. At least I know I am getting fertile again so by the time we are ready for baby #2 my body will be ready, too! Yay more babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment