So Saturday we weaned out one of the last 3 breastfeeding sessions we have left (the one before his 2nd nap). It was a challenge (as expected) since he relies on nursing to fall asleep. Saturday he cried (no-- screamed) for about 15-20 minutes before falling asleep. Then yesterday he only screamed for 5 minute before falling asleep. Not sure if we are going to continue having luck every day (luck meaning he eventually fell asleep), but I am glad we are making progress. I have a feeling at least once (or more) he is going to cry 30 minutes straight and we will end up skipping the nap. But I am trying to remember my Ferber training (as essentially we are expecting him to learn a new way to fall asleep-- just like when we did Ferberizing) and we are just sticking with our instincts and doing what we think is best to wean him from these naptime feedings.
Good news is, the juice strike we forced him to be on is working and he is drinking milk (50/50 whole milk to breast milk) wonderfully from a sippy now. Not sure if he is drinking as MUCH as he should, but he doesn't seem "thirsty" so I guess he is well hydrated. I am going to try giving him less juice than we used to b/c I know it is better for him to drink milk or water. But he loves it so much so I don't want to just never offer it to him!
I know it might be selfish, but the only way I am getting through this emotional process is by staying excited that once I am weaned Jumpy and I get to go to Harry Potter World!!! It's just such an emotional process I have to keep focused on something distracting or I would probably melt down and cry!!! But I am definitely confident that it is time for me to wean. I am ready to move on. But there is always the possibility of starting over again with the next baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment