Friday, June 24, 2011

Last Naptime Nursing

So, I just nursed Davie before a nap for the LAST TIME EVER!!! It was soooo emotionally difficult to unlatch him and lay him down. I almost didn't want it to end b/c I knew it was the last time I would be able to nurse him during the day. Now all that we have left is our bedtime nursing and we will wean that next weekend and then that will be it. We will be 100% weaned.

Ironically, the last time I ever nurse Davie for a nap is the first time in weeks that he seems to not be wanting to take a nap. He did his usual "almost falling asleep" routine on the boob, but I laid him down and shortly after he opened his eyes, and now I hear him on the monitor in his crib singing to himself. Literally, he has learned the "Tarzan" sound and he does it all the time. Including now-- instead of napping.

Tomorrow will be the first time I've ever laid him down for his FIRST nap without nursing. And seeming as though he has cried when I lay him down without nursing ALL WEEK for nap #2 I have a feeling he will be crying some more now. *tear* I hope he gets used to lying down without breastfeeding soon b/c it breaks my heart to hear him cry for 5, 10, 15 minutes before he falls asleep.

In other news, the rain yesterday was much needed around here! I hope we get some more today b/c our lake in the backyard is STILL super low! Almost looks like we have a beach in the backyard b/c it is so low instead of a lake (rather retention pond). The lightning was super crazy though! At times I thought it was striking in my backyard it was sooo loud! I was SURE it would wake Davie up but it did not! That was super lucky!

And in RANDOM news, I just got blown off by both my mom & Jumpy when I called to talk about Davie not napping. I guess nobody cares but me. lol.

Hmm... Nothing else really exciting to blog about (as if my weaning is actually exciting... HA!)

1 comment:

  1. I am not looking forward to the weaning process. Luckily Rory is only 4 months right now so I don't really have to think about it yet.

    ReplyDelete