Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Phlegmy Baby!!!

I guess I'll start on a positive-- Davie had a WONDERFUL Easter this past weekend!!! He got a visit from the Easter bunny along with a basket full of goodies!! He also got a visit from Nana & Pops from Melbourne! He got to go to Aunt Beth's house and see all of his extended family! He got to go "hunt" eggs on Maw-Maw's lawn! I'll post some pix below!
Davie's Easter Basket

Enjoying his Easter eggs!

My Funny Bunny

Showing off his spiffy Easter outfit

Walking around the pool with his egg!

Our family

With Grandma Paige & Paw

With Nana & Pops

With his mama!

Pretty face!

Love him!

"Hunting Easter Eggs"

I found 3 mama!
AND onto the title of this blog post... my POOR baby must have caught something on Easter b/c starting Sunday night he has been coughing and coughing! It is getting worse and worse. As I type he is taking a nap and the monitor keeps going off just about every 10-15 minutes and I hear Davie going through coughing spells. Sometimes he even cries for a minute afterwards because they are so painful. It is a very wet, phlegmy, barking cough. Oddly enough, there are no other symptoms really. He doesn't display ear pain. No nasal drip or congestion. As for his temperature I'm not sure about that... I have a temporal scanner thermometer and it reads 100 if I scan right to left, and 98 left to right and then the rectal thermometer says 99. So I have NO idea which thermometer reading is correct. 

I scheduled him an appointment to see the pediatrician at 2pm. I am just so worried since his coughing spells leave him red-faced and crying. I may be jumping the gun but it is better to be safe than sorry. I hate seeing my little boy miserable and uncomfortable. Hopefully they can give him a proper listen and tell me if it is something that needs to be treated or just something that will resolve with time. 

I swear, I try and try to avoid Davie getting sick (at least for the next 2 months until after we wean) but I go to ONE event and he gets sick!! I can't win! It seems like the only way to keep him healthy is to stay in the house 24/7! Erg. I just want him to be healthy! Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment