Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Been a Week?!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a whole week!!! As usual, time has been flying by lately!!! I keep looking up to discover that the weekend here again and then-- poof!-- it is gone!!!

Updates:

Hmm... So our 3 year anniversary dinner was great! We went to the Melting Pot and had a nice dinner while my cousin & aunt watched over Davie! It is always nice to get out without the baby every once in a while!! Speaking of which, we even got the chance to go see a MOVIE on Friday!!! I honestly do not remember the last movie we saw in the theater! That makes me SO sad, b/c I LOVE movie nights!!! I can't believe it took us that long to get out and see something. But then again, there really hasn't been anything on in the theater that I've been DYING to see. We saw "Your Highness" which had some pretty funny moments (and a bunch of vulgar moments!). I would recommend seeing it if you don't mind seeing T&A (&P).

Sunday we went and talked to Advantage Home Builders (I'm not sure if this is the first time I've mentioned on my blog... but we are looking into building a new home!). We brought him a house plan Jumpy found on the internet that has EVERYTHING we want in a new home!!! I'm worried that once he brings it to his builder and they price it out that it might be over the price we can afford. We are still waiting to here back on his estimated cost! He said it might take a few days... especially since it is not an Advantage home plan, but one we found and they have to make adjustments to it for legalities. If it works out and we go with it I'll post a picture of the plan they give us!

On my anniversary Jumpy gave me a NEW camera!!! It is a Canon PowerShot S95. I was nervous b/c the camera I currently HAD was a canon and I was not too happy with the quality of pictures and the slow shutter speed. BUT I must admit that this camera takes GREAT pictures! I would LOVE to learn how to use many of the "manual" options to get the most out of my camera, but the "Auto" and "Kids & Pets" modes work pretty well and give me great shots. Also the "lowlight" feature takes nice indoor shots at night! Overall I'm very happy with the camera and I look forward to learning more about it and trying out some of the other cool features it offers.

I also received a computer game called "The Sims Medieval". I've been playing The Sims games for years but this one is pretty different! I must say I have been very addicted to it since I got it last week!!! I've played it during almost every nap hour since I got it last week and made tons of progress! It is super fun so I recommend it to anyone who likes those "SIM" type games!

Davie is continuing to do better and better with his sleepy times!!! I do not remember the last night we have had any major issues. He still usually wakes up at least once and cries out, but that is usually the extent of it. One wimpy "wah" before falling back asleep in no time. And naps have been heavenly! Goes down easily. Sleeps anywhere from 1 hr 30 min to over 2 hours! However, he has started getting a little fussier again during his wake time. I am not sure if maybe he is getting ready to cut another tooth or what. All the symptoms lead me to believe he is teething. He is making "teething face" a lot. My nips are sore (teething releases a weird enzyme in their saliva that is irritating to breastfeeding nipples). He is chewing on everything and grunting while he does it. But I have looked (as much as he will let me look) and I don't see any blistery gums. So not sure what is going on, but something is definitely up.

We had a SNAKE in our house 2 nights ago! It scared the bageezus out of me!!! I HATE creepy crawly things!!! And then today there was a lizard in our house!!! I'm telling you what, we are thinking of taking OUT our doggie door!!! Cupcake rarely goes out anymore and I can let her in and out if she wants to go. She doesn't have any "accidents" in the house so I'm not too worried about that either. Ugh... what's next? A roach? (PLEASE DEAR GOD NO!!!) A huge spider? A mouse?!? I can't move into a nice new house fast enough!!!

That's about all of the life updates I have as of now!!! Til next time!!! Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment