Do you ever wonder "what if"? Today I took Davie to a playgroup and as usual, he was clinging to his mommy and being shy and not interacting with the other kiddos. It got me wondering... what would his personality be like if I had continued to work and he had been in daycare 1, 2, or 3 days a week? Maybe he would already be talking (like his cousin Mason). Maybe his motor skills would be more advanced (like running and jumping). But then again... maybe he wouldn't love his mama as much as he does now. Maybe he wouldn't be as snuggly and sweet. Maybe he would be sick all the time. Just one decision I made in life (to be a stay at home mom) makes such a huge impact on my child's personality. I LOVE who he is. I couldn't imagine him any different. Maybe he isn't Mr. Social or able to talk and skip and jump yet... but those things will come with time. And in the meantime, it makes me SO sad to imagine any Davie that isn't THIS Davie. Just kinda makes you wonder...
In case you missed it on FB... here is Davie in his Halloween costume!!! He is going as a Wookie, Like Chewbacca, from Star Wars!!! It fits in with this year's family theme... I am going as Leia, Jumpy is Jabba the Hut, and Cupcake... well... she WAS gonna be Yoda... but her costume is too big. Not sure if I can get her the right size in time for Halloween.
 |
| Davie-bacca!!! |
I adore this post! I think you are on to something :) Also love the halloween costumes idea. Little Davie-bacca, you steal my heart! XO!
ReplyDelete