Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let the Weight Loss Begin!!!

So today I officially started my C25K app that is supposed to get me in shape enough to run a 5k in just 9 weeks!!! It was definitely tough, but I felt pretty good about myself having gotten through the first workout. Getting started is usually not my strong point. Now I just have to keep it up 3 days a week! And I might do some DDR on off days. If I'm feeling up to it. lol.

On a side note-- I think Davie might be coming down with his 2nd cold of the month!!! Boo!!!! He JUST got over a cold 2 weeks ago! I'm trying to hope it is either allergies or a sniffle that will go away ASAP. My biggest issue is that I was planning to start weaning on Friday!!! I had a 6 week "schedule" that I planned on following to have Davie completed weaned. I was hoping to be 100% off the breast by July 1st. That way we could go to Harry Potter world sometime in July (yeah, worst timing ever as the last movie comes out that month, but I have been dying to go all year and this is the earliest I can make it!). Anyway, I just know from all the research I've been doing that it is best NOT to start weaning while your baby is sick b/c weaning is such a stressor in their lives that it is best to start when they are healthy. Weaning on top of a cold would just be double the stressors and not conducive to an easy weaning process. But what do I know, this will be my first time ever weaning a baby off the breast! The weird thing is, I've been thinking about how bittersweet it is to wean b/c I will miss some things about it, but I just have been mentally preparing myself for weeks now and I am ready to get started (and get it over with). I know it will be emotional for me and I am trying to stick with my plan in order to make it less personal and more businesslike (if that makes sense). Anyway, I'm hoping we can still drop one nursing session on Friday as long as it is just a small sniffle and not a full-blown cold. The first 2 weeks of weaning should be easy b/c I'm just dropping his post-nap nursing sessions, which are his least "favorite" as you might say. He only usually nurses for 5 minutes before getting too wiggly to keep going. So I don't think he's gonna miss those 2 post-nap nursing sessions. The hard part will be weaning all of his post-sleep nursing sessions b/c that is how I get him to sleep. I have NO idea what I'm going to do to put him to sleep. Well, I guess we'll figure something out. Luckily we have at least 2 weeks before we have to worry about that!

Wowee, this "short" entry turned into a novel! I'm done!!! Promise! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment