Today his 5th tooth cut through the gums!!! And I noticed that a 6th is swollen and ready to break through any day now!!! It feels like that 5th one has been waiting to cut through for weeks!
Davie has a big week ahead of him!!! Thursday he has his 1 year old pictures taken at Nitz photography! I finally got around to ordering his Publix cake for smashing fun! I get to pick it up tomorrow so I HOPE it turns out cute! Or I might be making them make a different one. Then Friday is his actual birthday and we are planning to take him to the zoo with Nana & Pops along with Uncle Baby Nathan who is coming in town to celebrate all the way from NYC! And of course Saturday is his birthday party!!! It's a joint party with cousin Mason since their birthdays are so close!!! We "tested" out Davie in my parents' pool this weekend and once he got used to it, he LOVED floating around in his little pool floatie device. Hopefully he'll enjoy it again on Saturday! I get to pick up his party birthday cake on Friday! It's a castle cake to match the Prince theme and it has 2 smash cakes shaped like crowns! One for each baby! So excited for everything coming up this week!!!
And today I get to FINALLY chop off all my hair!!! OK, I'm not going bald or anything, but seeming as though I wear all my hair in a "mom ponytail" 24/7 these days I am tired of it being long. I'm going to cut it into a shoulder length "bob" style. Hopefully it looks nice and I don't hate it. If I do, then no big deal, I'll just grow it out!!! My hair grows fast so I'm not too worried about it.
And finally, I want to take a moment to remember the "fallen macaroni spoon" from last year's "Memorial Day Celebration" that never was!!! Thanks to Mason's early arrival, we did not get to have our planned pool party at my mother's house. As many people who know me well know, it meant everything to me while I was pregnant that I got to deliver my baby before my sister delivered Mason. And seeming as though I was due 2 weeks earlier everyone thought I was CRAZY for even worrying about whether or not I'd go first. Well... my sister went into labor exactly 1 year ago today (her water broke) and when I was finally told the news, I was heating up a party-size bowl of macaroni for our "Memorial Day Party" and I went all green Hulk and threw that poor, innocent macaroni spoon across the room-- I'm pretty sure it didn't make it. And for that, I salute you poor macaroni spoon...
![]() |
| RIP Macaroni Spoon: 200? - 2010 |
Of course a year later I realize it wasn't THAT big of a deal which baby was born first (no... that's not entirely true... it still bothers me a LITTLE bit that I didn't deliver first), but I am happy to say we can laugh about it these days.




No comments:
Post a Comment