- The way he always calls people by their car (Pa White Truck, Gamma White Car, Nana Red Car, Daddy Grey Car, Mama White Car, etc) And if he could he would spend every second of each day sitting in a vehicle playing with buttons and gadgets!
- How he "jibbers" his jaw and makes de de de de de sounds! So funny.
- The way he "blows raspberries"... which is more like spitting on your tummy! But he thinks it's hilarious!
- (Don't Love) His not-so-cute attribute of slapping people! But he usually will apologize and say, "sowwy" and give "nice touches" instead!
- Some of his cute baby words are: Wa Wa (water), Cacker (cracker), cookies, tuppies (chippies), out-tide (outside), cah (car), mama, daddy, cuh-cake (cupcupcake), sowwy daddy (sorry daddy), no no no no no, wun pets (wonder pets), dor-da (dora), mickey mouuuuuse, beh-duh (bed), chooes (shoes), sockies (socks), mockey (monkey), heppo (hippo), piggy, wee-wuh (Leila), Tessy, Gamma Pa (grandma & Pa), Wuwu for-tuuuuune (wheel of fortune), bon-key (blankie), wan-sum __ (want some)
- The way he usually can't say L's, F's or S's. Makes for some interesting words.
- The way he LOVES jumping on the trampoline and hopping around the house! He's a bouncing fool!
- (Don't love) The way he hates to get water in his eyes! When anything (water, juice squirting, etc) gets in his eyes he starts fussing, "eeyyyyeeessss.... mama, eyyyyeeess". It's pathetic. But he still loves bath time and swimming! As long as his eyes are protected!
- His favorite T.V. shows are Wonder Pets, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora the Explorer, Elmo (only Elmo, not the rest of Sesame Street).
- His favorite movies are: Winnie the Pooh (2011), Wall-E, and sometimes he'll watch Finding Nemo & Cars.
- He loves to play (and sometimes learns things) on my iPhone!
- The way he FINALLY will take car rides and be pleasant (which usually involves letting him watch t.v. on the iPad).
- I love how he loves going down slides! He has so much fun!
- The way he gently pets Cupcake and enjoys giving her treats!
- How much fun we have (and sometimes don't have) at My Gym on Mondays!
- The way he does front flips all over the house! And sometimes tries to do them outside before we stop him-- concrete while flipping can hurt!
- The way he loves pushing buttons! I like it but I guess sometimes I don't! lol
- How sweet he can be when talking on the phone!!! His sweet little voice just melts your heart! He loves calling Gramma or Pa and Skyping his Nana & Pops.
- He loves to play outside with his water table, chalk, toy car, wagon, pool, bubbles, etc!
- He sometimes helps me garden by bringing his water pale and sprinkling the flowers!
- I love how he thinks every child is a "bebe" (baby), even if they are way older than him!
- His weird obsession with knives (yes, we let him hold butter knives!). He always insists on holding a "Pork & Nice" (fork & knife) when he eats his dinner. He won't eat without them!
- (Love & Hate) How anytime he sees you drinking from a straw he begs, "sippy! sippy!" b/c he wants a sip!
- The way he is so good about holding your hand when we are walking somewhere! He never tries to run away or escape (yet). He is happy to hold your hand and walk right next to you. He's not-so-great with the stroller, but we're working on it!
- The way that he can look into your eyes so intensely! When he really wants something or is trying to communicate with you... it's adorable!
- The way that his looks have somewhat changed since he was born! His eyes were very blue for the first year and now they are more hazel! Some days they look bluer, some days greener, some days grey! It's crazy! His skin is still as fair as ever, but he has a sprinkle of freckles under his left eye now! And a few on his arms! His hair has changed colors often the past 2 years, right now it is more of a coppery brown. Very thick and fine! He now has 16 teeth and we are expecting his 2 year molars any day now! I think he is taller, though he won't have his 2 years check up until next week!
- I love our bedtime routine! From the bath, to the story, to singing a lullaby... it is precious to me and I enjoy it every night!
- And what I love most of all is the way he ALWAYS wants MAMA when he is hurt or sad. I know that when it comes to comfort and security, he would always prefer me to anyone else. Daddy may be WAY more fun and silly and entertaining... but Mama is always available for a big hug and kiss!
Yes, I'm sure the list could go ON and ON and ON and ON. There are soooo many unique and interesting things about my baby Davie!!! And I'm sure as I think of quirky things I'll want to edit this post and add them to the list (Oh dear, by next month this post will be endless!) I am SO blessed to be able to witness his quirks every day 24/7! Some days he drives me crazy, but 99% of the time I love my "job" as a stay-at-home-mom and appreciate how lucky I am to be with him all the time. I never miss anything (except the first time he crawled b/c I was taking a bath! ERG! I'll never forget that! lol).
More than anything I find it frustratingly difficult to put into words just HOW MUCH I love and cherish my little guy. I try and I try and I try but I feel like nothing ever does it justice. Having a son, being Davie's mama, has been the greatest experience of my life. I wouldn't change a hair on his head or one moment of his life thus far. I look forward to many more years of watching him grow and learn. It is something of which I am sure I will never get tired!!!
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY to Mama's Sweet Prince, my Baby Davie!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment