Yep... it has been a LONG time since my last blog post!!!
Well... life has been extremely busy lately! With the new house closing this week, and of course Christmas this weekend... it has been non-stop go-go-go around here! And believe it or not, I am STILL not done with my Christmas shopping! I get to be one of those last-minute shoppers this week (one day when I find time this week).
Hmmm... so what's going on in our lives besides the new house (YAY!!!) and Christmas?
Cupcake has been having skin problems again. She has these weird rings on her skin (it's bacteria, not ringworm! They had her tested already). But it is SO annoying b/c we take her to a veterinary dermatologist and he prescribes treatment... we follow the treatment and NO better. So it's like, why go to the vet (AGAIN) and spend $200 (AGAIN AND AGAIN)? BUT... we're gonna try again tomorrow and hopefully get a better plan of action. Other than that she is doing great! So happy and energetic again like old days before the baby came (and she got depressed).
Davie... hmm.. Davie has his 18 month shots on Wednesday. We would have gotten them at his 18 month well-check, but we thought he was coming down with a cold that week. Turns out it must have been teething or something b/c he only had the tiniest drippy nose. It never turned into a cough or a sneeze or anything. So we were lucky! He is 100% healthy right now. So if he gets sick this week... I will know who to blame (or rather what to blame).
He has started saying a few "words" this month! It is a huge improvement to his usual jibber-jabber. Now he can say "bu-bye", "mama", "dada", "tooties" (long story, but it stems from an inside joke where Jumpy and I shout "TWO T'S" during wheel of fortune when there are... 2 Ts in the puzzle. lol), and he tries to say things like "dog", "Davie", and a few other things. He also learned how to sign "All Done" (again... he learned it a while back then forgot). I'm trying to work on a few other things like "Milk"... but so far he only knows "all done".
Davie has had a good Christmas so far! He loves the Christmas tree and lights! He enjoyed his Nana Pops Christmas this past weekend! He got a mimicking monkey, a Mickey book, remote control fire truck, and a life size Elmo puzzle! He really likes his new toys.
I cannot wait to play "Santa" on Christmas and surprise him with room FULL of new toys! It is so exciting to be Santa this year (well, it was cool last year but this year is even better). I got him TONS of fun things! Like a toddler-sized grocery cart, dancing puppy doll, boy doll & boy blue stroller (he loves pushing strollers), shape sorter, Wonder Pets stuffed animals, Reese's Pieces, and SO many little things. I can't even remember what all I got him. Now everyone else on my Christmas list is a different story... I spent all my Christmas allowance on Davie and everyone else gets 1 or 2 smaller gifts. So... SORRY family members!!! I gotta prioritize and Davie is #1!!! Jumpy is sooo frustrating b/c his birthday is 2 days before Christmas... WORST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! lol. But, he is getting a rather small Christmas AND birthday haul this year.... oh well!!! We are closing on the new house on his birthday so maybe he will consider THAT his present! lol
Otherwise, things are pretty same-ole-same-ole around here. Hence the lack of blogging! Not much to blog about! lol. I'm going to have to come up with some themed ideas to keep this blog interesting. But for now... that's all!
No comments:
Post a Comment